Sunday, June 20, 2010

Obama!

World Sees Obama as Incompetent and Amateur? Really?

Funny. Seems like everyone I've heard talk about him ever since the primaries wouldn't shut up about how smart the guy was. Even from Republicans I know I've heard, "Well, I disagree with him, but I do think he's very smart and..." etc, etc.

I never jumped on that bandwagon. Hell, I never understood it, since I never saw what he did which was so brilliant. Giving good speeches (and then, only when in front of a teleprompter)? Talk about setting the bar low. He attended Harvard? That says more about one's dedication than their intelligence.

But, oh well - that's the past, and like most other failed popular opinions and political pundit moves, it's probably going to fall down the memory hole. If his approval ratings keep falling and his decisions keep being poorly received, everyone will just pretend that Obama was *always* seen as an incompetent amateur. Just like we've always been at war with Eurasia.

Or is it Eastasia? I forget.

No comments: