Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Who Wants God to Exist?

For some reason, I never see this question asked, or at least not nearly enough:

"Do you wish the God of Christianity existed?"

Clearly you could guess the answer in most cases - I'm talking new atheists here - but still, I think it's important to ask the question that way. Though I also suspect most NAs would refuse to answer the question.

Another question I'd like to see thrown around:

"If the God of Christianity was here right now, what would you say to Him? Not ask, but say."

I've asked this one myself to a few people. If recollection serves, each response has just been something close to a string of expletives.

2 comments:

thinkingemotions said...

I do not want the Christian God to exist. I am okay with the God of liberal Christianity perhaps, but not the standard Christian God (whatever you define him as).

I'm not sure what I would say to him. After all, it's not like it would matter. He would already have a good idea of what I would say a priori.

Crude said...

Why not the 'standard Christian God'?

Besides, from what I've seen of you, you're hardly a New Atheist.