Sunday, August 28, 2011

A modest confession...

When a man starts to complain to me about "the patriarchy" in anything approaching a serious tone, my instinctive reaction is "Get the hell away from me, you gerbil of a person."

I could explain why I think "the patriarchy" is nonsense, why men get a bad rap, why modern discussions of sex, gender, and "roles" is deluded, but I'm not trying to make a an intellectual point here. I'm just being honest. Talk about the patriarchy as anything but a joke, and my ability to take you seriously crashes.

And yeah, I'm just one guy one the internet, and a nobody at that. But there you have it. Crude's confession of the day.

5 comments:

Ilíon said...

You're such a wildman! *grin*

Ilíon said...

Yes, "the patriarchy" is nonsense. And it was invented by so-called men (and not by that sort of man-hating pseudo-woman who presently is always blathering about it and its oppressiveness) who wanted a high-sounding excuse to evade their duties to society ... and to the women they schtupp and to the bastards they choose potentially to cause to exist.

Nevertheless, any society must be either essentially patriarchal or essentially matriarchal. And matriarchal societies don't scale well -- they may be able to function relatively well as the village-level, but not an a level more complex than that -- and they frequently look like our present-day inner cities.

The Deuce said...

Yikes! There really is no creature more pitiable than a male feminist.

The Deuce said...

Let me amend that. There is one thing more pathetic than a male feminist: an atheist male feminist

Ilíon said...

Well, "theist" male feminists are pretty pathetic, too.