Saturday, October 5, 2013

A minor papal scare

While I've been defending the Pope a lot lately - sincerely, I'll add - I admit, I visited Newadvent.org and saw this headline:

POPE VISITS ASSISI: “FRANCISCAN PEACE IS NOT SACCHARINE. NOR IS IT A KIND OF PANTHEISTIC HARMONY WITH FORCES OF THE COSMOS…"...

And for a brief moment, I instead read it as:

POPE VISITS ASSISI: “FRANCISCAN PEACE IS NOT SACCHARINE. IT IS A KIND OF PANTHEISTIC HARMONY WITH FORCES OF THE COSMOS…"...

So for ten seconds I'm just thinking, oh ****ing come on Padre, you cannot be serious.

Then I read it again and whew, okay, that's more like it. Thank you.

2 comments:

Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

It's not your fault, being on edge about what he might say next. It's all part of the plan.

For the record, I would not have gloated, at all, if he had in fact said what you thought he first said. I want to be free of my paranoia about Pope Francis. I'm getting there, I think.

Crude said...

I don't have much paranoia about him, at least not at this point. But that misreading did jump out for the moment.