Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Meanwhile, at the Popecave!

Courtesy of the Pope, communicated to me first by the Codgitator:

[A]s a way of ridiculing the Church’s effort to defend their lives, attempts are made to present her position as ideological, obscurantist and conservative. … Precisely because this involves the internal consistency of our message about the value of the human person, the Church cannot be expected to change her position on this question. I want to be completely honest in this regard. This is not something subject to alleged reforms or “modernizations”. It is not “progressive” to try to resolve problems by eliminating a human life.

Behold, the nemesis of the socially liberal Catholic: clear teaching! Andrew Sullivan snarls and recoils, wisps of smoke rising from his frame! Nancy Pelosi's jaw slackens in horror before she melts into a pile of pure liquid RU-486!

Seriously though, I'm not really surprised. Did anyone think an alternative to this was in play?

4 comments:

Cale B.T. said...

The thoughtful response from his critics in Argentina:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKEEGYUlXdE‎

Crude said...

Yeah, I saw that too. Class acts, really.

malcolmthecynic said...

Ooooooooooh, snaaaaap!

BenYachov said...

I don't know if this went threw before (so I will repeat myself)?


To quote Kryten from RED DWARF..."Ah Smug mode."

Embrace the smug.