I was asked about a comment I made about Alan Turing a while ago. I can't find the exact comment, but I'm pretty sure I remember the details - there's nothing too amazing or esoteric in them.
So, to summarize...
* The obvious one: Alan Turing was not prosecuted for 'homosexuality'. He was prosecuted for sodomy.
* In particular, sodomy with a 19 year old unemployed man ('A teenage boy', they'd call him if Turing was a priest) who was basically being used as a prostitute by Turing, and who exposed them both by robbing his house.
* This was happening during a period of time where same-sex behavior was considered immoral and mental illness by secular authorities. (People always forget this part, as if Christians in particular are unique throughout history in regarding this kind of thing as 'not right', brutally crushing the secular consensus to the contrary.)
* It was likewise considered problematic since it made Turing - kind of an important figure with state secrets in his head - open to blackmail and manipulation.
* The entire bit about Turing being driven to suicide because of the homophobic attitudes of his time, or even his medication sentence, are largely imagined. That he even committed suicide is entirely speculative, and the coroner apparently decided this on the basis of 'weird guys like this do weird stuff, who fucking knows, he probably was crazy.' That he committed suicide -because of people mistreating gays- is utterly out of thin air. But Godddamn, that makes the whole thing that much more tragic and dramatic and, most importantly, useful - ergo, it's true.
Nothing too surprising here - just read around and you'll see as much.
None of this goes to show that Turing wasn't extremely smart or this or that, but the LGBT activist is so hellbent on animating the dead in service of their cause that they make Herbert West look like a rank amateur.