Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Apparently, we're supposed to call thugs "niggers" now

Via Hot Air.

Right now I'm seeing people working overtime trying to build sympathy for the thugs in Baltimore, on the grounds that this sort of lashing out is to be expected among the poor and downtrodden, it's not their fault, this is all part of the way people try to register their grievances with a system they object to. And if you call them thugs? Then you may as well just call them niggers.

Of course you get the move here. It's supposed to make criticisms of rioters toxic - at least this particular type of rioters - so when flames are fanned and inevitably spew out of control, no one is criticized, and no one takes a political hit. So 'thug' will be seen as a code-word for 'nigger', no one will use it, and hopefully we'll just start calling these people 'disenfranchised youths speaking truth to power in the only way they know how'. Because only a horrible, evil wicked racist would ever use that word.

I suggest a different approach to consider: maybe it's time to just flat out call rioting, store-looting, building-burning thugs 'niggers', just as the councilman suggested.

Not 'N****rs'.

Not '******s'.

Niggers.

Let people gasp. Let them scream. Let them demand apologies, let them call it racism, let them say whatever they like.

And then let's call the looting, rioting thugs niggers again. Let's call the ones justifying and defending it the same thing, for that matter. And we can call the blacks who resist this sort of behavior, who condemn it, who say it cannot be justified 'good' and 'civilized'.

Because one thing has been made clear: the people involved here are shameless. We have hit the point where not even people quite literally robbing stores and setting them on fire, can be criticized openly because the people involved are protected by a shield of political correctness that is entirely out of control. And the reason that shield works is because people - left and right - are convinced that if they just adhere to the script, if they avoid all of the language one side insists is bad and wrong and utterly taboo (a script that only grows), then maybe we can have some 'dialogue' and 'come up with solutions'. Or, at the very least, not be labeled racist.

Of course, THAT always happens. No matter how closely people try to stick to the script anyway, hoping that if they follow the cues that they'll at least inoculate themselves against the nastier baggage.

Well, it doesn't work, and it doesn't help anyone. Not blacks - a good share of whom, I believe, are probably sick to death of these thugs and their enablers. And to the ones who aren't? To hell with them.

Let's make it clear that the excuses don't work anymore, that the rules have changed, and their there are expectations for behavior that everyone must abide by. Looting and setting fires can't be 'part of your culture's traditions of political action', or if it is, then expect the reactions of other cultures to be 'sending the national guard in immediately - not 'once things really get out of hand' but immediately', and everyone calling you by the Taboo Name Which You Thought No One Would Ever Say.

And maybe once the realization sinks in that the looting-apologetics won't work, and that the racial 'dialogue' now has another, loud voice that is not concerned first and foremost with not being called 'racist'... well, maybe then people will start to realize 'Oh shit, the sympathy's stopped. We better get our shit under control before this gets worse.'

I suspect one decade of that attitude will yield more results than the past few decades of the most idiotic crackers of each generation trying to appease others for their artificial guilt.

15 comments:

Son of Ya'Kov said...

I absolutely categorically without reservation do not believe in the "N-word" or condone it's use by anybody. So I will never use it.

Now that having been said these days I don't find myself being all that outraged toward others who use it as I once was....

it's like you have a Black President, Attorney General and a past black Secretary of State.

When does America get to stop being "Racist"?

i give up.......

Crude said...

I absolutely categorically without reservation do not believe in the "N-word" or condone it's use by anybody. So I will never use it.

Okay. Just answer me this: Why? Why would you say it's wrong to call even rioting, looting criminal thugs this?

Son of Ya'Kov said...

Why would it be wrong to call someone like that child killing monster Joel Steinberg a Kyke?

I don't know Crude. I honestly don't know. I never studied the theory of what makes something a bad word.

I know the word "piss" is a vulgarity but you can find it in very old English translations of the OT.

"I shall strike down all those who piss against the wall".

But you won't find it in modern translations.

Why is "fuck" a bad word and "Fornicate" is acceptible?

I don't think it has a reason.

The Fez said...

The fun game they're playing now is to point out white hypocrisy by recalling the numerous 'Sports Riots', in which predominately white males engage in general mayhem because their sports teams won or lost (or because of pumpkins). They use this is an indication now that there is a 'white violence' problem in the same way that there is a 'black violence problem'.

And it certainly does look like a double-standard. The argument, further still, is that the media gives white-people a pass on sports riots, but is non-sympathetic to black rioters. Which is precious.

In any case, you may invite the retort:

-What do you call "Rioting, store-looting, building-burning thugs" who are white?

The point will be made that blacks are rioting as a result of social injustice, and whites riot because of excesses in bread and circuses (and racism). This cleverly deflects the uniquely leftist conundrum of Baltimore as a corrupt Democrat political monopoly (with a Majority-Minority administration), back towards whites, who now have to explain their own 'racial violence'.

Crude said...

Yakov,

I don't know Crude. I honestly don't know. I never studied the theory of what makes something a bad word.

I submit to the Church at times. Tell me there are three persons but one God and I'm happy to admit it's a mystery. Tell me the wine and bread becomes body and blood despite all outwards appearances and I'll accept that, because I've committed myself to the Church.

But there's no Church involved here. No God. Just people with histories. And a thug robbing a liquor store before he sets it on fire? If people object to my calling him a nigger, they need a reason, and it better be persuasive.

If the mere fact that they get REALLY upset if you don't do as they say suffices to block one word, it suffices to block a whole lot more.

Fez,

Fine by me - I fucking hate sports rioters too, and would be more than happy to see the police come down on them hard. Same with those white middle-upper class protesters at world trade conferences and the like too - and I hate globalism. I call them white trash, scum, and otherwise. If they're white, anyway. Looks like I have another word for them if they're black. It used to be 'thug' but now, well...

Regardless, I understand your points, and they're good ones. I know the rationales you speak of. But what I'm suggesting here... it goes beyond making intellectual points. It's about having the will to either make a move, or condone the move being made. Put loosely, it's about respect and spirit and soul, not rational discourse. Last I checked, the latter was utterly pointless with SJWs and savages alike.

Graham Esposito said...

The whole comparison to the sports riots thing is hilarious. Can someone please show me who is explicitly giving white sports-event rioters a "pass?" Who is shrugging off the wanton destruction of property after a sports event as "Boys will be boys!!" When the Bruins beat Vancouver a few years ago, the riots in Vancouver were front page news, and everyone was pretty pissed off about it.

Son of Ya'Kov said...

> submit to the Church at times. Tell me there are three persons but one God and I'm happy to admit it's a mystery. Tell me the wine and bread becomes body and blood despite all outwards appearances and I'll accept that, because I've committed myself to the Church.


Well those are Mysteries we can't in principle know without divine revelation. The Mystery of why something is a bad word I suspect is not in that category. It's mystery flows from my ignorance in that i don't know. I think in principle we could know if we study the issue. At least I hope so.


>But there's no Church involved here. No God. Just people with histories. And a thug robbing a liquor store before he sets it on fire? If people object to my calling him a nigger, they need a reason, and it better be persuasive.

It's a bad word. Outside of that I can't help you.

>If the mere fact that they get REALLY upset if you don't do as they say suffices to block one word, it suffices to block a whole lot more.

Try saying it in from of Pope Francis or Pope Benedict then. ;-)

BTW Good luck with that brother. :D

(Just kidding to lighten the mood. Pleez don't do that)

Seriously as I write this I just watched on FOXNEWS with Megan Kelly a lunatic Black liberal minister condemn President Obama for Black on Black violence FOR CALLING THE LOOTERS THUGS!!!!

Obummer is a Commie lefty jackarse no question but this guy is to the Far Far Far Left of HIM!
He makes Obummer look like Ted Cruz by contrast.

It's beyond insane.

I need a stiff Drink and not Soda pop.....

Son of Ya'Kov said...

additional:

The history of the N-word is quite interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

Crude said...

Try saying it in from of Pope Francis or Pope Benedict then. ;-)

Why would I not? Let them tell me it's a sin. I'd love to hear the reasoning.

Seriously as I write this I just watched on FOXNEWS with Megan Kelly a lunatic Black liberal minister condemn President Obama for Black on Black violence FOR CALLING THE LOOTERS THUGS!!!!

Yeah. You know why?

Because now thug is a "bad word" too.

B. Prokop said...

As a Baltimorean who was basically confined to his apartment this last week while we were under Marshal Law, with a 10PM curfew, National Guard troops on every street corner, and military helicopters circling overhead all night long, I think I have the right to say something to say on this matter.

I started out mostly afraid, and then angry, and now I just wonder... I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of my neighbors (which is who these rioters are) and see why they acted this way.

And it turns out I cannot find it in my heart to condemn them. I try to imagine what it must be like to live in neighborhoods where the schools are shit, where there are no jobs, where transportation to where there are jobs is ridiculously expensive and far from adequate, where there are no grocery stores or healthy food choices, where the majority of males are locked up at some point, leaving them with a record for life making it far harder to get a good job, where the police will arrest you for making eye contact... damn it, but maybe that'd be enough to make me want to break a few windows.

I love my city! I love my fellow Baltimoreans - black, white, Catholic, Protestant, rich or poor (all but those who for some reason insist on wearing Yankees caps). True, I am in great sorrow now because of the events of the past week, but forming a circular firing squad is definitely not the answer. I only pray that the recent violence and destruction results in waking people up to the need for positive change.

Now wouldn't that be better than smug, self-righteous name-calling and denigration of our neighbors?

Crude said...

And it turns out I cannot find it in my heart to condemn them.

Of course you can't, Bob. They're your pets. You see them as animals, not people.

I notice there's not a single moment where you felt bad for the minority shopowner, hiding under his table as his whole store is robbed then set on fire.

Now wouldn't that be better than smug, self-righteous name-calling and denigration of our neighbors?

They're not my neighbors. They're yours. In fact, they are yours in a greater sense than they could ever be mine: they are your creations. Bluest of the blue states, remember? They are the results of your policies, your defenses, your tolerances and your excuses. And you exonerate them, because - as I said - you see them as pets. And you can't blame pets for misbehaving. That is a standard restricted to men.

You deserve them as neighbors.

B. Prokop said...

"I notice there's not a single moment where you felt bad for the minority shopowner"

And I didn't give you my opinion of the designated hitter rule either. I can't say everything in a 15 line blog post. Of course I wept for them!

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Crude said...

And I didn't give you my opinion of the designated hitter rule either. I can't say everything in a 15 line blog post. Of course I wept for them!

Why? They're the owners of those shitty stores that don't offer healthy food choices. Apparently, vegetables are utterly unavailable in Baltimore.

How DARE they. Clearly they had it coming, yes?

John said...

Hey black people here's a question.... Why don't you just start obeying the fucking law, and you won't see police brutality? Why don't you stop resisting arrest? Why don't you stop selling drugs and firing weapons and then complaining that, "the white mans keeping you down" every time a cop rightfully arrests your criminal ass. Why don't you quit complaining every fucking second about how you are oppressed and just fucking make something of your life. Barack Obama climbed his way to the top and became the fucking president. There are no more excuses. None. You're all out. Quit being fucking niggers and start being civilized U.S citizens. I'm sick of this shit

Crude said...

I don't think 'black people' owe anyone answers on behalf of their race, or even their culture, anymore than white people do. And I think plenty of blacks are law-abiding, even if that's a smaller portion than with others when you cut across racial lines.

For me, nigger = thug. A particular kind of person, with race not being anywhere near the sole determining factor. And it came to that because 'thug' was equated with 'nigger'. Let it be so.