* Well, that didn't take long. The Game of Thrones author went from the celebrated King of the SJWs aiming his cannon at the Sad and Rabid Puppies to being blindsided by feminists furious at a rape scene in Game of Thrones. The moment I heard of this, I was skeptical there would be any blowback to speak of - I don't watch GoT, but I have enough friends who watch it to know it's a show filled with violence, mass murder, sex, and a midget who's apparently King of Fucking. Is rape really going to tip the scales there? Silly me, of course it was. I notice that Martin in his response makes the very subtle move of saying 'Wasn't me, it was the TV guys, go yell at them'. Personally, I hope he's forced into an apology. Walk Tyrion's actor in front of the camera, still in character, and have him explain that rape is never acceptable, even among the Game of Thrones characters, and all good people in Westeros or whatever the hell it is find it deplorable.
* Speaking of rape, get ready for its next generation. There's announcements that Facebook doesn't plan on blocking porn made with the Oculus Rift - that's an eventuality in this culture - but believe me when this is the tip of the iceberg. These devices are coming fairly soon, and believe me, hackers are already thinking of ways to not just spam people with porn-popups using them, but ways to actually drag users into 3D simulated gang-rape events. Granted, all you have to do is take the device off your head - but all you have to do to stop the Game of Thrones rape is turn off the TV. Mark my words - this will happen, lawsuits will come from it, and the whole thing is going to be insane to behold.
* I read about the Pope calling the Palestinian prime minister an 'angel of peace'. This turns out to have been mistranslated bunk, but considering it was happening on the eve of the Vatican recognizing Palestine as a state, it's easy to see where the plausibility came from. Still, this was clearly just a translation error, and I think we can forgive both the press and the Pope for saying something that gets mistranslated once in a blue moon. I'm sure this is the last time we'll be confused about this kind of thing. (Is my sarcasm coming through? I'm not the best with subtlety.)
* For the record, I've got little concern for the Israel-Palestine conflict. I know, I know - I'm conservative and I'm supposed to be rooting for Team Israel as a result, but I mostly root for Team America, or at least I did once upon a time. Besides, I tire of the utter hypocrisy of jewish political culture, which has culturally sabotaged America and Christians every which-way, yet which has a completely different set of rules for Israel. That said, I'm still sympathetic to the Israelis, who routinely get it on the chin for daring to attack the people who try to blow them up and talk of wiping them off the map.
* I can't find the article right now, but I recently read about how 'Red States' are starting to go on the offensive increasingly against universities - doing little things like forcing their professors to teach full class loads and more. Please, may this be a portent of things to come.