Since it was asked, here are my thoughts.
* I don't care about it too much. Not because I have callous disregard for the lives lost (it's a tragedy that should never have happened, no matter what the club was), but frankly - I don't know anyone at the club, or near it. There's no new lesson to be learned from the matter, no surprise. We have been through this shit before. Call me a man before my time - I am living in the world where this is just part of life. Barring Trump getting elected and fulfilling promises, trust me, you will reach this point too.
* No one, aside from Trump or the alt right, will locate any problems or worries with Islam. Not the Pope, not the president. No one. Even discussing the idea, the ways muslim culture influences things, will be desperately treated as beyond civilized discussion. The idea that maybe we shouldn't invite millions of 'refugees' into the country will likewise be beyond the pale. Right now, guaranteed, the real fear many people have is 'Will this make it harder to allow millions more muslim immigrants to the US?' and 'Is this helping Trump, the alt right is scary, they may not prosecute people who say mean things.'
* I see people are already blaming religious freedom legislation and a lack of gun control for this, as well as 'Extremist Right-wing Christians', what with their violent 'I don't want to take photos of your stupid same-sex wedding' rhetoric. I expect Christian religious leaders to go on the defensive, if they acknowledge this talk at all. Because they are worthless.
* Gun control is something people are trying to bring up, but the association with ISIS and Islam was way too fast. Sorry, I don't think the topic's going to be changed. With luck the 'Christians are responsible' gambit will fizzle out like a bad fart too because, as I said, I don't trust Christian leaders to know how to respond to it. Did I mention they're worthless yet?
* I'll skip hopping on the 'thoughts and prayers' train, thanks. I believe last time the liberal gimmick was 'Those don't work, we want action, rrrrr!' Okay, fine: buy some guns and bullets, learn to use a gun responsibly, carry it, and don't frequent 'gun free zones', and don't look to me for sympathy because you already made it clear you don't want that anyway. Also, get used to shit like this unless policies change. In fact, if you're 'LGBT' and 'out and proud', get ready for worse, because - as I've warned in the past - cultural winds are already blowing in an awkward direction. Muslim card trumps LGBT card, and between that and every faggoty college student discovering they have special snowflake identity/sexuality, it's inevitable that LGBT crowd finds themselves in competition with new, more petty, more inane identities when they aren't getting shot and blown to pieces by their new guests.
* Count on LGBT leaders finding themselves torn over whether they should try to use this to gain some additional power versus shutting up about the whole thing because it makes muslims look bad, and they're the top dogs right now. Personally I think they're going to shake, out of fear of feeding the Trump Monster.
There's my take. Goodnight.